Search

2013-05-27

Pretty pretty makeup

Hello Glitterjunkies!

Past weekend my mum took me out shopping, she kinda felt guilty for using the makeup that I bought all the time so she wanted to treat me... And what a treat she bought me! 

The first thing you need to know is that I usually buy all my makeup very budgetproof, I don't go overboard with expensive stuff because I just don't have the money. (unfortunately!)

So she took me to a shop that sells, Chanel, YSL, Givenchy, Dior and all that jazz.

Needless to say: I was overwhelmed with joy! 
Now I've always been a fan of Dior, I just find everything to be so pretty and well put together and so I naturally gravitated towards Dior from the second I walked in.

Eventually she ended up buying me 2 Dior products. Today I want to take a closer look at those products, together with you.
























She bought me: 
the Diorshow Iconic Overcurl mascara in 090 Over Black
the Dior Addict lipgloss in 553 Princess

Overall I really like the packaging, I think the silver is really pretty and it's very practical to be able to put your precious bottle of mascara or lipgloss away in an extra 'container'.

On to the mascara!


The packaging from the mascara itself is again really pretty, although hard to photograph! I like the round shape and how sophisticated it looks.
























The mascara wand is really great, the curve is just perfect. It applies smoothly and really gets all those tiny lashes.
























These are my lashes without mascara. They are pointed down and fairly short. Without mascara I always feel like I look extremely tired.
























These are my lashes with mascara. BOOM instantly more awake! You can really see how it grabs all the lashes. It can get a little bit clumpy, as you can see in the photo. But honestly I don't really mind that, especially since it isn't too bad.
The best thing about it though is that it doens't smudge! I have been looking for a mascara that doens't smudge on me. Since even waterproof mascaras don't last a full day on me. Which is something I find really annoying! I've worn this mascara a full day yesterday and it didn't move! It seriously stays put until you remove it with your cleanser and it isn't even a waterproof version! When you than remove it, it comes off supereasy without  ripping your lashes out. I love it! 

Next: the lipgloss!
























The packaging is typical Dior, really practical and pretty.
Normally I tend to go for the really bright colours. But I figured I'd be able to wear this more if I chose a fairly basic colour. My eyes were swiftly drawn to this. It is just the most perfect, sweet, pretty pink gloss. It is very girly, but I love it!
























The gloss has tiny little pieces of glitter in it, which I obviously love. I have to be honest though and tell you that I am not the biggest fan of the applicator. I don't mind it, but I feel like the little brush doesn't scoop up enough product for me. It does feel really nice on the lips though. 
























This is what it looks like on. You can really see the glitter. From further away it gives more of a really nice overall sparkle. I really like the formula, it isn't sticky and it is pretty longlasting for a gloss. 
























You can buy Dior at the Dior counters or online.

I hope you enjoyed this post! And let me know in the comments what your first expensive product was, or if you're only able to look at them!

Love 
Sophie


I am in no way affiliated with any of the products mentioned in this blogpost. Nor did any brands sponsor me. This is purely my own opinion. All photos are mine, unless stated otherwise.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten